02 Jun Hunor Király
DemNet’s vision is a world based on the responsible and sustainable relationship of self-organised citizens and their communities respecting human dignity. DemNet’s mission is to facilitate and strengthen cooperation and self-organisation processes of community actors. DemNet designs its operation and activities on base of its core values and approaches: transparency, innovation, creativity, locality, and the participatory approach.
DemNet has worked for achieving its mission through:
- design and implement sustainable grant programmes
- build capacities of civil society organisations and other community actors
- promote sustainable financial and operational models
- empower civil society organisations
- support grassroots initiatives
- raise awareness and run information campaigns
- conduct public advocacy for the realisation of community value of human dignity, responsibility and sustainability.
DemNet has been providing “democracy support “since 1996 with a special focus on civil society development in Hungary and in countries of Western Balkans and Eastern Europe, also expanding its work to Arab Spring countries.